Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What sound does a Gryffin make?

This weekend my husband and brother-in-law went camping. Personally, I thought this was an insane idea since it rained on them non-stop, but boys will be boys. Which brings me to the point of this blog (how's that for a segue?).

Friday evening I read Gryffin one of his favorite books. The book contains pictures of various animals, and Gryffin loves to imitate the sounds of the animals. Our conversation usually goes something like this:

Me: "Look at that bear. What sound does a bear make?"

Gryffin: "Grrrrr!"

Me: "Great job! Look, there's a duck. What sound does a duck make?"

Gryffin: "Quack quack!"

Okay, so you get the point. Anyway, this is a favorite pasttime of Gryffin's, and he was enjoying himself immensely. However, after the seventh time through the book I needed a break, so I began asking him about sounds from animals and things not in the book. For example, I asked what sound a telephone makes, car makes, etc. To his credit, Gryffin managed to imitate most of the objects.

I then asked what sound Dada makes.

Now I'm sure it was just a coincidence. I'm positive. Without a doubt.

Anyway, when I asked Gryffin what sound Dada makes, he paused for a moment, bent over, farted loudly, AND belched.

What could I say? He got it dead to rights.

Love you, Justin:)