Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Conscious Discipline Memories....Wednesday

Whenever I attend a workshop, I take copious notes and then shelve them. When I review those notes (sometimes years later), I have absolutely no idea what I have written, what it means, or what I wanted to remember! So I decided to take some time during the breaks this week to write down the highlights so hopefully I can remember what happened later on!

Things to remember: reflective speaking helps mirror students, engage their interest, and shift focus. "So you wanted...."

What you focus on, you get more of."

"Connections on the outside build connections on the inside."

"The teacher sets the tone of the classroom. If there is someothing amiss with the classroom climate, you as the teacher need to change."


Ideas to implement: "Nancy in the News" possible to make school-wide brain smart start using activboards? Maybe record the day before everyday? Explore possibilities to unite school family.