Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Poison Control is on Speed Dial

Stupid stupid stupid. Feel free to call me that because the name definitely fits. Yesterday when I came home from school, I began to clean. Since everyone in my classroom has been hacking and sneezing and leaking mucous from every conceivable orifice, I decided it would be a good idea to "Lysol" my house. So that's exactly what I did. I sprayed that can over EVERYTHING, including the furniture, Gryffin's toys, the curtains, the floor, etc. I even sprayed some on the cat's litter box.

After Lysoling everything in sight, I sat down in the recliner to watch Gryffin play with his toys. After a couple of minutes, I noticed he was having problems letting go of his drum sticks. He was getting quite agitated, so I went to help him out.

At least that was my intention.

However, instead of rising smoothly to my feet, I noticed a definite suction on my posterior region. I was stuck to the chair! I managed to lunge myself forward hard enough to break the bond. I then tried to walk to Gryffin, only to notice that my shoes were sticking to the floor. I grabbed Gryffin, who still had his drum sticks firmly attatched to his hands, and then ran to get my bottle of Lysol.

Imagine my surprise when I realized my Lysol was in fact Elmer's Super-Strong Spray Adhesive.

One frantic phone call to Poison Control later and Gryffin was in the bathtub, happily splashing away. Fortunately, the Spray Adhesive wiped up fairly easily on the smooth surfaces and I guess just dried on the drapes and furniture.

So that's Monday night's saga. No telling what will happen tonight. But this time when I call Poison Control I'm going to use an alias. I was thinking of calling myself Michelle Robinson or Misty Slade...... And yes I have that number programmed now on to speed dial.